[squeak-dev] Re: Metacello questions

Dale Henrichs dale.henrichs at gemstone.com
Thu May 6 23:45:41 UTC 2010

Andreas,

You have bumped into a bug in Metacello 1.0-beta.26. I discovered the bug a couple of weeks ago while using Metacello in GLASS so the bug is fixed in Metacello 1.0-beta.26.1. 1.0-beta.26.1 is under development (#development blessing) so is not loaded by #latestVersion. I am a couple of days away from releasing 1.0-beta.26.1 but if you want to try it out, you can explicitly load 1.0-beta.26.1 with this expression:

  (ConfigurationOfMetacello project version: '1.0-beta.26.1') load

The bug was triggered because ConfigurationOfWebClient uses an #atomic load and ConfigurationOfHelpBrowser uses #linear loads ... the help browser packages were missed in the transition.

The default configuration template sets the loadType to #linear, so you hit this specifically because you didn't use the template, which relates to your other questions so I'll answer them in another letter.

Dale