[squeak-dev] Re: shared object between main.exe and Squeak.dll

Ang BeePeng beepeng86 at yahoo.com
Sat May 8 11:56:57 UTC 2010

Hi,

thanks for your reply.

I didn't see as you describe. I follow the pointer to that object that I
wish to keep. For the first few GC cycle that I follow, the object has been
moved, and yes, it is still the same object. That is, pointer in
extraRoots[] still the same, oop might be different, but content of the
object still the same.

Then I allow VM to run on its own, without quit (no image save, I'm
comparing within a single run). Then at some point of time, I look into
object body, pointed by oop, which pointed by the pointer in extraRoots[].
It changed. That is why I ask if the effect is temporary.

Thank you so much for replying.

Ang Beepeng