[squeak-dev] Re: Cobalt VR Meetup follow up

Chris Cunnington smalltalktelevision at gmail.com
Sun May 9 03:27:45 UTC 2010

Hi Eric,

Nice to see you on Squeak-dev.

Yea, when the CVRM started, I did something to mess up my version of Cobalt,
an rc32. So while using Skype chat I downloaded another one. So it was
fresh. The only thing I did was to manually set the config file in a folder
to the IP of my MacBook Pro. It could be that since I had a couple of people
in the space already some kind of threshold had been reached. But
circumstances vary. We need to rotate out to try to have other people be the
hosting space.

I remember once Dauna and I teleported into another guy's space and he had
amazing stuff modelled with 3D Studio MAX. He had a ship and an airplane.
You could go up and down levels in the ship. It was great. Sure beats my
black and white holodeck reception area. I haven't got to modelling with
SketchUp yet.

So next time maybe you could try hosting a space. Or I'd like to see Dauna's
water wheel space if we can figure out how to get to get there. And let's
remember Teleplace (which has a free download) does this ever day, so I have
every confidence that more testing will make Cobalt pretty smooth over
time.

Chris