[squeak-dev] unsupported projects (was: DynamicBindings in 4.1)

Hannes Hirzel hannes.hirzel at gmail.com
Tue May 11 14:24:48 UTC 2010

On 5/11/10, Chris Muller <asqueaker at gmail.com> wrote:
>> That's pretty old. You can find the latest DynamicBindings version here:
>> http://squeaksource.com/KomHttpServer.html
>
> We're putting in all this effort with documentation to assist newbies,
> this sort of problem is really working against us.  We're not gonna
> document that, "for the *real* DynamicBindings" project, look in
> theKomHttpServer project..."
>
> I wonder whether the trunk model could be employed to individual
> SqueakSource projects; where each project has a "Inbox" for public
> contributions.  If the "owner" is still with the community and has the
> time to keep up and harvest those contributions into the main line,
> great.  If not, then it's a simple matter for the consumer to decide
> which one they want to load; e.g., the old one or the latest and
> greatest in the "inbox"...

I think this is a good idea. In fact quite a number of squeaksource
are open for posting by everyone. And if you login to squeaksource you
may edit the wiki.

Actually http://www.squeaksource.com/DynamicBindings is open for
writing. So nobody holds you back in putting a copy from
http://squeaksource.com/KomHttpServer.html there and adding a note on
the wiki about this.

--Hannes