[squeak-dev] Seattle Meet Up

Casey Ransberger casey.obrien.r at gmail.com
Wed May 12 17:05:39 UTC 2010

Hello Squeakers!

I sent a similar message to the community list, and while I did get one reply, I have a feeling that many of the people who are on squeak-dev aren't on the community list. If you aren't on the community list because you don't want to see email like this, I'm sorry! But I really need more than one rolling stone to start a band, so I figured it's worth a shot.

I'm planning to start a user group in Seattle, WA around dynamic object oriented programming. If there's enough takers, I'd really like to focus it on Smalltalk or even Squeak. If that doesn't happen, plan B is to open the flood gates and try to get all the Rubyists and Pythonistas feuding together in the same room, and maybe I can sneak some in some deprogramming with Squeak.

If you're in the area, and you might like to meet some Squeakers once a month, please reply.