[squeak-dev] Etoys developer chat log

Nikolay Suslov nsuslovi at gmail.com
Thu May 13 11:23:50 UTC 2010

Hello Hannes,

Thanks for the interest,

Briefly, it is all about:

   - users and software as "artists/hackers" and "viruses",
   - interpreters and compilers as "live" and "dead" coding,
   - intellectual property and software copies as "useless know-how" and
   "uniqueness open source",
   - augmented and virtual reality.

Krestianstvo's main domain is Virtual Learning Environments, so there are
some of the most important things to be aware while developing:

   1. Collaboration at first (that's why the name Krestianstvo (Peasantry in
   English)). Sharing all, from data to action, process, computation (looking
   forward to Open Croquet/Cobalt project).
   2. To be open as much as possible (self sustaining and modifying by
   system itself) (looking forward to OMeta and FONC)
   3. Multimedia oriented

Next, there are some application reviews, developed using the current sdk
version.

Sorry, for confuse that there is still no English version of the text.

Regards,
Nikolay