[squeak-dev] OMeta and FONC

Hannes Hirzel hannes.hirzel at gmail.com
Thu May 13 12:33:32 UTC 2010

On 5/13/10, Nikolay Suslov <nsuslovi at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Hannes,
>
> Thanks for the interest,

> Krestianstvo's main domain is Virtual Learning Environments, so there are
> some of the most important things to be aware while developing:
>
>    1. Collaboration at first (that's why the name Krestianstvo (Peasantry in
>    English)). Sharing all, from data to action, process, computation
> (looking
>    forward to Open Croquet/Cobalt project).
>    2. To be open as much as possible (self sustaining and modifying by
>    system itself) (looking forward to OMeta and FONC)
>    3. Multimedia oriented

Hello Nikolay,

I have loaded OMeta (see attached screen shot, I just had to click on
OMeta2.mcm and to click 'Load'.

There are some examples in the class comment of OMeta2Examples

Here's how to run these examples:

	OMeta2Examples match: 5 with: #fact.
	OMeta2Examples matchAll: '1234' with: #number.
	OMeta2Examples matchAll: 'abc123' with: #identifier.
	OMeta2Examples matchAll: #($a $b $c 1 2 3 #(4 5)) with: #structure.
	OMeta2Examples matchAll: 'howdy' with: #greeting.

I understand that these examples are all of a kind of generalised
regex matching type. They match an expression and extract something.

Do you have examples which give a bit more insight?

What is FONC?

Kind regards
Hannes