[squeak-dev] OMeta and FONC

Nikolay Suslov nsuslovi at gmail.com
Thu May 13 16:54:19 UTC 2010

Hannes,

I am not a developer or expert in FONC project, but as the most people in
this list (thinking so) tremulously waiting for it and following its
progress (like OMeta)!

FONC - Fundamentals of New computing (
http://www.vpri.org/html/work/ifnct.htm,
http://www.vpri.org/html/writings.php).
OMeta - an Object-Oriented Language for Pattern Matching (
http://www.tinlizzie.org/ometa/), developed under the FONC.
Examples, which give more insight are here in OMeta-js (
http://www.tinlizzie.org/ometa-js/), OMeta2 squeak syntax is closer to that.
There are existed its own mailing lists for discussion (
http://vpri.org/mailman/listinfo/ometa,

So, these technologies are like a lighthouse for a fully self sustaining,
open-ended, user-centric software of the future.

In the current development I am exploring OMeta, describing Croquet spaces
and parsing active formulas (user scripts) in space, getting them from
web-browser (Seaside-framework) or Tweak interface.
Not yet ready something to show now, but soon :)

Best regards,
Nikolay