[squeak-dev] Community Supported Packages

Torsten Bergmann astares at gmx.de
Mon May 17 13:12:12 UTC 2010

Mariano Martinez Peck wrote on [1]:
>I don't agree here. You DON'T necessary need to have the packages inside the
>image to have a UI.

Please read what I wrote. I did not say that it is impossible
to build the UI when you have an external config - but "it would
be easy to build a UI" when it is already in the image. I'm sure
you will agree here.

However - even when SqueakMap is not well maintained - it's UI
was easy to use and was easy accessible and one could use it
with a few clicks.

Using Monticello tools, loading and evaluating by hand is
currently possible - but this is a step backward in usability
compared to what Squeak has/had. But this is a convenience/tool
issue that has to be solved.

Bye
T.

[1] http://lists.gforge.inria.fr/pipermail/pharo-project/2010-May/026829.html