[squeak-dev] Re: FIX FFI Mac Examples

Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2005 at gmail.com
Mon May 17 19:45:39 UTC 2010

On 5/17/10 12:13 PM, "Sean P. DeNigris" <sean at clipperadams.com> wrote:

>> Also, once FFI-MacOS-spd.5 loads , none of Mac examples works for me in
>> Leopard 10.5.8.
>>

> What specifically happened when you tried the examples?
> I just:
> 1. installed the files in a clean 4.2#10145 image from the above
> source.squeak.org/FFI.
> 2. In workspace, doit: MacOSShell new system: 'open ''http://google.com'''
>
> And Safari opened a new window.
>
> HTH,
> Sean

The examples was the old MacRect coloredEllipses and MacRect
coloredRectangles.

Once I exchange emails with John about this and do another examples using
old QuickDraw (attached)
Off course this do not work this days.
And I try the X11Display coloredEllipses and X11Display coloredRectangles on
Ubuntu with last Unix VM with same error.

I remember this once works and was very quick.
Could be nice have equivalent versions working for current OS (Mac, Linux,
Windows)

Edgar