[squeak-dev] I really miss a binary bitOr: selector for integers

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Tue May 18 01:26:58 UTC 2010

Hello,
C world using bitor-s extensively for passing various flags and options.

And porting the code looks really awful with #bitOr: , because it
requires braces when you combining more than 2 flags.

Can we , please , please, include #| as an alternative selector for
bitor-ing integers into a kernel?

Btw, Alien alredy adds it as extension. But i would really like to get
it into the core, so any other may use it.

Meanwhile, i defined own awfull extension selector -  #++

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.