[squeak-dev] Need someone to test if NBOpenGL works for you on win32

Kevin Kelley kevin at kelleysoft.com
Mon May 24 23:13:45 UTC 2010

On Mon, 24 May 2010 13:07:20 -0500, Igor Stasenko <siguctua at gmail.com>
wrote:
> On 24 May 2010 20:20, Kevin Kelley <kevin at kelleysoft.com> wrote:
>>
>>>  The animation loop's
>> running fast and smooth, and doesn't seem to be giving much cpu load.
>>

> Well, actually it does :)

Okay, so the memcopy's are taking up a little bit of time; still, the big
win
so far is having the gpu render the font glyph based on just the outline
data,
you're getting scalable fonts on the fly effectively for free.  This is
seriously
cool.

That GPU gems link (
http://http.developer.nvidia.com/GPUGems3/gpugems3_ch25.html )
referenced in your code is a good explanation.  Shaders kind of break my
brain,
I'm glad to see this one in and working.

Cheers,
Kevin Kelley