[squeak-dev] Re: Need someone to test if NBOpenGL works for you on win32

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Tue May 25 02:57:19 UTC 2010

On 5/24/2010 6:17 PM, Igor Stasenko wrote:
> You can just take a prebuilt VM from
> http://code.google.com/p/nativeboost/downloads/list

Okay, good, that's what I did. FWIW, there's an installation bug for NB.
When you run "NBInstaller install" *without* the plugin, it will fail to
determine the platform id and will not install the Windows stuff. That's
what caused my later problems. I would recommend installing *all*
platform examples regardless of actual platform id to avoid issues like
these. I find Unix examples just as instructive as Windows examples ;-)

However, even after doing that, it fails to run. It blows up in
NBGLFrameBuffer>>checkStatus which needs to use "self CLASS bindingOf:
sym" to resolve the code. When I fix that it gets me to an
GL_FRAMEBUFFER_INCOMPLETE_ATTACHMENT and that's where I'm at right now.
In case it helps, the offending code is in

NBMSAAOffscreenDisplay>>initDisplay
	"perform a usual initializations"
	renderFBO := NBGLFrameBuffer new initialize: self gl extent: extent.
	renderFBO createMultisampleAttachments: 4.
	renderFBO checkStatus.
	"... more stuff ..."

Any ideas what to look for? I have an ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4330
running Windows 7.

Cheers,
   - Andreas