[squeak-dev] Re: Need someone to test if NBOpenGL works for you on win32

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Tue May 25 04:48:09 UTC 2010

On 25 May 2010 07:22, Andreas Raab <andreas.raab at gmx.de> wrote:
> On 5/24/2010 8:32 PM, Igor Stasenko wrote:
>>
>> It either your card doesn't supports MSAA,
>> or driver don't likes the FBO configuration which i provided.
>
> I think the error code indicates a problem with the FBO configuration. For
> example, check out the restrictions on OpenGL ES for this stuff:
>
> http://www.khronos.org/opengles/sdk/doc/man/glCheckFramebufferStatus.xml
>
> It seems as if one needs to be very picky for getting the 'right'
> configuration on all platforms. Is there an enumeration by any chance that
> allows one to pick the proper (supported) configuration?

Yeah.. this is a black voodoo.
For instance, my video card rejects FBO with color+stencil only
(that's all what i need).
You may try various things in
NBGLFrameBuffer>>createMultisampleAttachments: numSamples
or in NBGLFrameBuffer>>createAttachments

>> Check that
>>
>> NBWinContextState new pixelFormatInfo extensions includes:
>> #GL_EXT_packed_depth_stencil
>
> It's there.
>
>> Also, you could try running with MSAA turned off, go to
>> NBGLDisplay class>>pickImplementation
>>  and put comment around " ^ NBMSAAOffscreenDisplay  "
>
> That appears to work but the glyphs are drawn "improperly" (see screenshot).
> I'm not sure if that's the way they're intended to be rendered or if that's
> an artifact of running a different configuration.

Yes, its improper. It looks like that when you don't have a stencil
buffer (or have it disabled).
Your screenshot also shows that you got my little shader running
properly which is used to render quad beziers.
And this is more important than stencil (i think it could be solved by
picking different FBO attachment formats).

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.