[squeak-dev] [Ann][Cuis] Cuis 2.8 released

Juan Vuletich juan at jvuletich.org
Fri Nov 5 18:09:20 UTC 2010

Hi Enrico,

I just released Cuis 2.9 with fixes to most of the issues you raise. :)
You can download it.

Enrico Spinielli wrote:
> Hi Juan,
> following your explanation (BTW KeyboardFocus section in 'Cuis
> Features' has to be updated accordingly)
> I tried the following with 'Cuis Features' and 'Useful Tweaks' windows open:
> 1. focus on 'Useful tweaks', issue Alt-Ctrl-<any arrows> ==> just
> moves the cursor

This was my mistake. It worked on the Mac, but failed on Windows,
because of the way the VM reports events. But as on Windows people won't
expect alt-arrows to control the text cursor (they use Home/End for
that), I made the keyboard navigation to be controlled with alt-arrows
on Windows and Linux and with control-command-arrows on the Mac. I
really don't like making platform specific behavior, but I couldn't find
a better solution.

> 2. focus on 'Useful tweaks', selection of Preferences string, Alt-b
> ==> no browser is opened

That's because those windows are not Workspaces, they are TextEditors.
Check the right-click menus, and you'll see.

> 3. repeated 2. on a newly opened Workspace ==> the browser opens, Hurray!

Yep. Workspaces do alt-b :)

> 4. repeated 1. with two newly opened Workspaces ==> no navigation
> window-to-window

Fixed as said above.

> Hope it helps
> Bye
> Enrico

It surely helped. Thanks for reporting these issues!

Cheers,
Juan Vuletich