[squeak-dev] [Ann][Cuis] Cuis 2.8 released

Casey Ransberger casey.obrien.r at gmail.com
Sun Nov 7 05:17:56 UTC 2010

Comments inline, with much snippage.

On Nov 6, 2010, at 7:01 PM, Juan Vuletich <juan at jvuletich.org> wrote:

> Hi Casey,
>
> Before getting into details; Wow, I love your stuff! It will be integrated in next version.
Cool! Thank you. I'm glad and gleeful.

> I really like your changes. And I really prefer the updated look. Now, menus also need the new close icon, if you want to add it too :)
I thought about it, but I actually really like the X on the menus. I like that they're distinct from system windows, and the X is my favorite of the icons that I just unceremoniously replaced. I think I might miss it on the menus. Besides, the red could overpower the menu itself, which would be bad.

You might be right, though: not sure if making the close icon consistent between the two would hurt or help usability.

> Also, I just took a look at SystemWindowButton, and it is rather simple, so I wouldn't mind adding it if that helps adoption.
I think it would be a good idea, the behavior is a lot nicer. Mea culpa: part of the reason I went with the simpler solution was that it would be less work :-)