[squeak-dev] [Ann][Cuis] Cuis 2.8 released

Juan Vuletich juan at jvuletich.org
Sun Nov 7 16:01:30 UTC 2010

Hi Casey,

Casey Ransberger wrote:
> Comments inline, with much snippage.
>
> On Nov 6, 2010, at 7:01 PM, Juan Vuletich <juan at jvuletich.org> wrote:
>

>> Hi Casey,
>>
>> Before getting into details; Wow, I love your stuff! It will be integrated in next version.
>>
> Cool! Thank you. I'm glad and gleeful.

:)

>> I really like your changes. And I really prefer the updated look. Now, menus also need the new close icon, if you want to add it too :)
>>
> I thought about it, but I actually really like the X on the menus. I like that they're distinct from system windows, and the X is my favorite of the icons that I just unceremoniously replaced. I think I might miss it on the menus. Besides, the red could overpower the menu itself, which would be bad.
>
> You might be right, though: not sure if making the close icon consistent between the two would hurt or help usability.

I don't have a strong opinion on this. Leaving the x is ok too for me.

>> Also, I just took a look at SystemWindowButton, and it is rather simple, so I wouldn't mind adding it if that helps adoption.
>>
> I think it would be a good idea, the behavior is a lot nicer. Mea culpa: part of the reason I went with the simpler solution was that it would be less work :-)

Going first for the simplest solution is what I always do. If you want,
you can do it. Otherwise, maybe I'll do it one of these evenings.

Cheers,
Juan Vuletich

Ps: Please don't forget to send me the walkback file for the DNU you got
with keyboard focus control