[squeak-dev] New Tutorial on Events in Squeak, Pharo and Cuis

Peter Dinges me at elwedgo.de
Tue Nov 16 15:25:52 UTC 2010

Hello everyone,

I recently started to study Morphic and its implementation in Squeak, Pharo,
and mostly Cuis. Reading through the code, I noticed that there currently are
three implementations of "events". All of them are mechanisms to signal state
changes; two are very generic, the third specializes in Morphic input.

Slightly confused by the many meanings of "event", I began to sort the
different parts and assign them unique names. The result of this process is a
short tutorial on Events in Squeak, Pharo, and Cuis. It might reduce confusion
for people starting their tour through the code, or simply help when using
events in own projects.

You can download it from

	http://www.elwedgo.de/fileadmin/events_in_smalltalk.pdf

I would greatly appreciate any comments, ideas, or corrections.

Thanks and have a good day,
Peter