[squeak-dev] erased image file

Ralph Boland rpboland at gmail.com
Thu Nov 25 04:06:39 UTC 2010

On 23.11.2010, at 19:12, Ralph Boland wrote:

> > I accidentally erased a Squeak 3.10.2 image file on my Linux (Ubuntu
> > 10.04) system
> > but still have the changes for it and also 2 day older image/changes
> > files for the same project.   It there a way to use the 2 day older image
> > file and load the changes from the up to date changes file?
> > And please don't lecture me on filing out my code.  I do file out my
> > code.  I last did so, well, two days ago.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> Ralph Boland

> Run the old image. Open a file list. Select the new changes file. Click > "recent changes". File in the ones you want.

> - Bert -

Thanks. This worked as described.

> Yes in fact you can do this. Do it in a temp directory with a copy of
> your files of course, but if you rename the up-to-date changes file to
> match the name of the two day old image file, you can use them
> together with no problem.
> The changes toward the end of the file will have no
> references from the image, but this is harmless other than wasting
> a bit of disk space.

Unfortunately, I ran in to an error trying to do this.
I am using 3.10.2  so hopefully this works in 4.0.
I will give it a try when I am working and 4.0 and inevitably I make the
same mistake.

Thanks also.  I learned something even if in the end it failed.

Regards,

Ralph Boland