[squeak-dev] Clamato & jQuery (was Re: <script language="smalltalk">)

Chris Cunnington smalltalktelevision at gmail.com
Fri Nov 26 03:52:22 UTC 2010

Hi Colin,

I think you're probably right. Clamato would be a simpler, more direct
solution. I activated WebDAV and made it work about a year ago. Even still,
looking at the files, I feel like I'm playing Whac-A-Mole. I can't really
get a handle on it.

It translates Avi's Smalltalk-ese into JavaScript. It does so using a parser
and parsing expression grammar based on Lukas's parser work.

Write in the Smalltalk-ese - magic happens - and it alters the DOM. jQuery
factors into this somehow.

How does jQuery facilitate this?

Happy Thanksgiving,

Chris