[squeak-dev] Terse Guide for Squeak (was: [Newbies] How to give numbers/anything to my program?)

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Fri Nov 26 19:43:14 UTC 2010

> On Fri, Nov 26, 2010 at 10:46 AM, David T. Lewis <lewis at mail.msen.com>wrote:
On Fri, Nov 26, 2010 at 10:51:52AM -0800, Casey Ransberger wrote:

> > > UIManager was missing. I added it now.
> > >
> > > I would vote for this to go into the image (help->terse guide) or as an
> > > external file along with the distro.
> >
> > I reformatted the Terse Guide so that it can be loaded into the
> > Squeak help browser, and gave it a few updates and corrections.
> > The result is in the Squeak developers' inbox.
>
> Dave, thank you!!

Well, hopefully it will be useful for us recovering Fortran and
C programmers ;-)

Let me issue two follow up challenges, since I could not figure
these out on my own:

1) It would be good to add a terse one-line expression that would show
the use of block closures. What is the shortest meaningful expression
that illustrates this?

2) It would be nice if the pages in the help book could be set to
behave like workspaces, with syntax formatting and workspace
variables. Can anyone think of a way to do it?

Dave