[squeak-dev] Book - A Mentoring Course on Smalltalk

Mathieu van Echtelt mathieu at cosmocows.com
Sat Oct 2 09:10:02 UTC 2010

The book is really good, I enjoyed it very much, but the title doesn't
reflect what you would expect, at least what I expected; it is not
that you learn the Smalltalk syntax or tools, it is more "A mentoring
course on clear and creative thinking". (And smalltalk can help you
with that!)
Just like Beck's Smalltalk best practices book, I believe this book is
interesting for a much broader audience than the Smalltalk audience
alone. The author's (Andres Valloud) other book about hashing is also
very interesting; it's about a (more or less scientific) well thought
through approach to analyze alternative algorithms (in this case,
hashing algorithms).

greetings, Mathieu van Echtelt

--
AG5