SystemTracer is broken again (was: Re: [squeak-dev] The Trunk: Collections-nice.386.mcz)

Levente Uzonyi leves at elte.hu
Sun Oct 3 02:39:17 UTC 2010

On Fri, 1 Oct 2010, Levente Uzonyi wrote:

> On Fri, 1 Oct 2010, Nicolas Cellier wrote:

snip

>> Check whether #newHash: is defined too.
>
> Both #hashMappedBy: and #identityHashMappedBy: is used by the SystemTracer.
> #newHash: is defined by the SystemTracer. I'll move #hashMappedBy: and

Note that the method is actually called #newHashFor:, not #newHash:.

> #identityHashMappedBy: there.

I moved #hashMappedBy: and #identityHashMappedBy: to SystemTracer
(SystemTracer-ul.18 on SqueakSource). While I was testing the changes I
found that SystemTracer is broken again. The tracing finishes, but the
resulting image doesn't work. I tried it with a Squeak 4.1 image too and
found that it's broken as well. Something changed between January and
April which broke SystemTracer. I someone would like to test/fix it, just
evaluate [ SystemTracer2 writeImage: 'test.image' ]. Then run the VM with
the new test.image file.

Levente

> Levente

snip