[squeak-dev] Re: Anyone get the SqueakSSL plugin to work under Mac OS X Snow Leopard? Was Re: [ANN] SqueakSSL - a platform interface for SSL/TLS

Lawson English lenglish5 at cox.net
Wed Oct 6 06:55:05 UTC 2010

  On 10/5/10 11:41 PM, Yanni Chiu wrote:
> On 06/10/10 12:42 AM, Lawson English wrote:
>> On 10/5/10 5:40 PM, Andreas Raab wrote:
>>> I've recompiled the plugin with the minimal VM_PROXY_MINOR I could get
>>> away with and hopefully the updated binary version will fix your
>>> problem.
>>
>> It now works. Looking at the return stream in the debugger, it seems
>> that Linden Lab hasn't validated their SSL certificate in a while, so I
>> get the certificate not valid error which I expected.
>
> It now works - on what version of Mac OS X, and on what version of VM,
> (i.e. the Squeak 5.8b10 VM mentioned in the other thread) ?

Just downloaded the latest version of the plug-in from
http://squeakvm.org/win32/release/SqueakSSL-bin.zip  and put the MacOS
version into the correct spot ala Bernhard's illustration:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6204244/SqueakSSL.png

Mac OS X 6.4 (Snow Leopard) and the bog standard VM DLed from the front
page of squeaksource.org (4.1 I think).

Lawson