[squeak-dev] Tool for: Image2 - Image1 > FileOut?

Stefan Marr squeak at stefan-marr.de
Wed Oct 6 14:44:09 UTC 2010

Hi Bert:

On 06 Oct 2010, at 16:11, Bert Freudenberg wrote:

> On 06.10.2010, at 07:05, Stefan Marr wrote:
>>> Monticello can do that.
>>>
>>> http://www.mail-archive.com/beginners@lists.squeakfoundation.org/msg07085.html
>> That looks nice, thanks.
>> I loaded the All-info.st and saved the All package afterwards.
>>
>> In the second image I can now open the repo and inspect the changes with the changes button.
>> Don't know what the diff button is supposed to do, but it does not do anything (at least visually).
>>
>> Is there away to fileOut what I see in the 'Changes from All-sm.1' window?
>
> Right-click in the list, choose "file out (o)". This is a recent MC addition though.
Ok, what I did was first creating the MCZ in the base image.
Then I opened the image with all the stuff in it what I would like in a diff/fileOut.

But then the 'Changes' window report all additions as being 'removed'.
So, I tried it the other way around, having now a MCZ that contains all the relevant new code.

I opened that one in the base image, and opened the 'changes' window.
Now it shows me the changes correctly as additions.

However, now the next problems start to appear:

First, the 'file out (o)' fails, because the methods are not actually filed in to the image. (Thats how I understand the error message, complaining about a missing selector.)
And second, I can only file out one item at a time from the window.

Is there a way to work around the first problem?
And for the second problem, at which classes/methods could I look to actually able to file out all changes at once?

BTW: just in case it would make a difference, I update the Monticello package to trunk/Monticello-nice.405.

Thanks a lot
Stefan

--
Stefan Marr