[squeak-dev] Re: Anyone get the SqueakSSL plugin to work under Mac OS X Snow Leopard? Was Re: [ANN] SqueakSSL - a platform interface for SSL/TLS

Yanni Chiu yanni at rogers.com
Wed Oct 6 21:56:28 UTC 2010

On 06/10/10 2:55 AM, Lawson English wrote:
> Just downloaded the latest version of the plug-in from
> http://squeakvm.org/win32/release/SqueakSSL-bin.zip and put the MacOS
> version into the correct spot ala Bernhard's illustration:
> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6204244/SqueakSSL.png

I believe that picture showed "Squeak 5.8b10.app" VM was being used.

> Mac OS X 6.4 (Snow Leopard) and the bog standard VM DLed from the front
> page of squeaksource.org (4.1 I think).

If you mean the squeak.org site, then the Mac VM's I see listed are:

MacOSX (Universal)
ftp://ftp.smalltalkconsulting.com/Squeak 64-32 5.4b2.app.zip

MacOS 7.5.5 to 9.2
http://ftp.squeak.org/3.10/mac/Squeak 3.8.18beta3U.app.zip

I've tried a "ton" of VM's, and I keep getting a failure in
#primitiveSSLCreate. #listLoadedModules does not show any SqueakSSL (e).
Unfortunately, since I don't have Snow Leopard, then I cannot run
"Squeak 5.8b10.app" VM.

So can you confirm which Mac VM you've got it working on?

Thanks.

--
Yanni