[squeak-dev] Re: [Pharo-project] Another finalization concern: error handling

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Mon Oct 11 22:30:42 UTC 2010

Sorry for blowing up this thread. :)

The VW implementation actually is very close to my draft idea, to fork
new process for each #finalize,
so it won't interfere with others, and on error, it won't stop stones rolling:
 executors do: [:ex |     [ ex finalize ] fork   ].

If there's no objections, we could arm this idea (use forked process,
close to what VW does).
Or should we do the hard way and avoid forking?

P.S. btw, are we guilty already for violating copyright law here by
looking at VW code? :)

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.