[squeak-dev] Re: [Pharo-project] Xtreams port to Squeak - second wave

mkobetic at gmail.com mkobetic at gmail.com
Mon Oct 11 18:35:28 UTC 2010

"Sven Van Caekenberghe"<sven at beta9.be> wrote:
> I tried to follow your different releases in Pharo 1.1.1, right now I have 433 tests, 3 failures (#testReadWriteLargeAmount), 11 errors (#..base64 and #..multipleBufferSize). If will send you the report.
>
> I have been trying some of the examples from the doc pages (google code project), this simple one still fails:
>
> ((1 to: 10) reading collecting: [:x | x * x]) rest

Ah, that's because of the use of #cull: like semantics with exception handlers in some places, mostly

	... on: Incomplete do: #count.

We can certainly replace all those with regular block style.

> The readline example is using the non-existing #slicer: method, this simpler version seems to work:
>
> |text|
> text := 'line1\line2\line3\line4' withCRs reading.
> text := text ender: [ :char | char = Character cr ].
> text collect: [ :line | line rest ].
>
> That is a documentation bug though.

Hm, odd, this is fixed in the package comments, but looks like I failed to regenerate the project pages properly. I'll review the comments again and update the site. Thanks!