[squeak-dev] Refactoring Browser in 4.1? - and un-matching documentation.

Robert Hawley rhawley at plymouth.ac.uk
Tue Oct 12 00:45:15 UTC 2010

I would like to get refactoring into Squeak 4.1, but there are inconsistencies in the documentation.  There are obviously policy issues (concerning book content, version management, refactoring development, browser development,….) surrounding this about which I know little - so I would not know how this should be resolved.  There are two problems I have found:

interms
1) In the book Squeak by Example there is an R button on the end of the browser. This is not there in 4.1 and so does not match the book.

2) Following the links:
http://www.squeak.org/
http://www.squeak.org/Features/
http://www.squeak.org/Features/Development/
'Refactoring Browser'
http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/227

The code there installs Omnibrowser into 4.1, but the '1)Refactoring Engine and OB integration' breaks down with error: 'MessageNotUnderstood: Scanner class>>allowUnderscoreAsAssignment':

------
"Omnibrowser"
(Installer wiresong project: 'ob')
install: 'OmniBrowser';