[squeak-dev] What are we leaking in the www.squeak.org process?

Ken Causey ken at kencausey.com
Thu Oct 21 08:25:22 UTC 2010

Thank you John, Herbert and Colin,

Janko and I will be going over your emails in the next couple of days
and seeing if we can find anything based on the information provided.
Janko will probably reply in time, perhaps with further questions.

None of this directly addresses my question regarding the large and
non-constant discrepancy between the memory usage reported by the
operating system (RSS) and the information the VM gives us about memory
usage.  That is, except possibly for John's post which does suggest some
things but I can't see how they apply at the moment, Janko may think
differently though.

To be clearer, let's remember I'm talking about the process behind
http://www.squeak.org/ .  Yes, technically that is a wiki on top of
AidaWeb/Swazoo.  That said, there is no significant editing going on
right now (none in fact, as far as I'm aware) and certainly no large
files being added.  Also, as far as I'm aware, there are no particularly
large files downloaded from the site that a served through Squeak.  I
could be wrong about this and I've asked Janko to consider that.

So at the moment I'm at a loss to see how we can apply much of this, but
I'm not that knowledgeable about AidaWeb/Swazoo and in particular the
code for www.squeak.org and Janko will hopefully find some information
that helps us.

Thanks,

Ken