[squeak-dev] The Inbox: Kernel-topa.508.mcz

Tobias Pape Das.Linux at gmx.de
Mon Oct 25 13:05:44 UTC 2010

Am 2010-10-25 um 12:58 schrieb Bert Freudenberg:
> On 25.10.2010, at 10:59, Tobias Pape wrote:
>
>> Please add this to trunk.
>> Only withAllSuperAndSubclassesDoGently: was available up until now.
>> After all, I find the whole *Gently messages a bit suspicious.
>> Who is using them as they where intended now? (I.e, image segments/
>> objectOuts)
>
> Mariano has started to work on swapping out parts of the image (see vm-dev list) - presumably those methods would be useful if that gets working.

That makes sense. Gives nice opportunities for installing software.

Nevertheless, the method I committed, I bet it was there times ago in the first place.
(thou I didn't find it down to 3.8) I think its the only one of the *Gently: that
has no non-gently (whatever this implies) counterpart.

So Long,
	-Tobias