[squeak-dev] Re: Webclient + localhost error

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at angband.za.org
Fri Oct 29 08:51:03 UTC 2010

On 2010/10/29 08:01, Sean P. DeNigris wrote:

> Yanni Chiu wrote:
>>
>> - It's really 8090 (that's a nine), not 8080?
>>
> Yes, I kept changing it to make sure it wasn't a problem with that
> particular port
>

> Yanni Chiu wrote:
>>
>> - Are there any proxy configurations involved
>>
> I don't know what that means, but for more context, I started a Ruby
> TCPServer on that port, and then tried to "get" from Squeak, then from
> Safari
>

> Yanni Chiu wrote:
>>
>> - Could it be an IPv6 issue
>>
> I don't know what that means, either, lol.

It means that you could try access http://127.0.0.1:8090/. If that
works, then it's likely that Safari's actually trying to access
http://[::1]:80/ - and you might not be running anything there.

You can check by running netstat -anp tcp and looking for the relevant
line. Something like

tcp4       0      0  *.8090   *.*       LISTEN

without a line like
tcp6       0      0  *.8090   *.*       LISTEN

for instance.

frank