[squeak-dev] Re: Webclient + localhost error

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at angband.za.org
Fri Oct 29 18:21:02 UTC 2010

On 2010/10/29 19:23, Sean P. DeNigris wrote:

>> It means that you could try access http://127.0.0.1:8090/. If that
>> works, then it's likely that Safari's actually trying to access
>> http://[::1]:80/ - and you might not be running anything there.
>>

> Thanks.  I got:
> ~$ netstat -anp tcp
> Active Internet connections (including servers)
> Proto Recv-Q Send-Q  Local Address          Foreign Address        (state)
> tcp6       0      0  ::1.8090               *.*                    LISTEN
>
> That was the only entry for that port.  Is that what I should be seeing?

It means that Safari might be resolving "localhost" as the IPv4 address
127.0.0.1 and trying to contact that IP/port, and of course failing.
Your next step, I suspect, will be to fire up tcpdump and confirm that
that's the case.

Start tcpdump with something like: sudo tcpdump -i fw0 -v port 8090 and
then trying to access the site through Safari.

frank