[squeak-dev] building Cog / FFiPrims plgin on windows

Alain_Rastoul alr.dev at free.fr
Sat Oct 30 17:50:51 UTC 2010

Hi

I downloaded the Cog trunk , the last FFI version from Monticello, used the
workspace script to generate the source and build Cog on Windows with
cygwin (gcc 4.5.1).
Every thing is ok, but the FFI plugin doesn't work.
When I evaluate Win32Window class>>coloredEllipses
I have SmallInteger(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand: #getHDCDuring:
Win32Window getFocus evaluates to a integer handle, not a Win32Window.
I did
(Smalltalk at: #ExternalType) initialize.
(Smalltalk at: #ExternalStructure) compileAllFields.
and also tryed to build only the plugin with Mingw gcc 2.95.2
but I have allways the same problem

Is  the FFI plugin functional ? am I missing something ?
What version of gcc is ok ?
(the make  CC=gcc-3 LD=gcc-3 DLLWRAP='dllwrap -mno-cygwin --driver-name
gcc-3'
doesn't work)

Thanks,

Regards,