[squeak-dev] Monticello package names, class categories

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at angband.za.org
Wed Sep 1 08:23:34 UTC 2010

Andreas' latest commit had me looking at my SIP stack for the first time
in a while.

I had named it Network-SIP, because SIP's a network protocol, and I
thought of the naming convention as indicating a nested approach.

It seems that I'm mistaken here though - really, categories are a flat
space, so classes in Network-SIP show up as part of the Network package.

If I now understand correctly then, the mapping between class categories
and packages uses the first token of the category name (so the
characters before the first '-'). Is that right?

If so then I think I should rename my categories from Network-SIP-Foo
to, say, SipStack-Foo, yes? (Like WebClient isn't Network-WWW.)

frank