[squeak-dev] Re: Is Cincom slowly killing Visual Smalltalk Enterprice

Yanni Chiu yanni at rogers.com
Fri Sep 3 03:19:09 UTC 2010

The original poster already stated that Cincom does not own the IP, so
your entire reply is irrelevant.

Can you post a definitive answer to the other points (excluding the
Seagull point). Namely:

 > On Sep 2, 2010, at 7:53 AM, Henrik Høyer wrote:
 >> Cincom does not hold the IP for VSE - Seagull Software does
 >> Cincom has exclusive rights for selling and supporting VSE
 >> Seagull Software has no problem selling/donating the IP
 >> Cincom has refused to sell/donate their rights

If Cincom is not an impediment (i.e. Cincom's exclusive rights to
sell/support VSE does not encumber the sale/donation of the VSE IP),
then, as suggested by others, the community can approach the IP owner.

I haven't used VSE in over a decade, and am surprised at its staying
power. I would hate to see it disappear.