[squeak-dev] Re: [Documentation] What about package comments?

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Fri Sep 3 09:51:12 UTC 2010

On 03.09.2010, at 10:28, Hannes Hirzel wrote:

> On of the things I have been wondering recently is where the package actually "lives" in the image.

A package is a (sub-) instance of PackageInfo. Packages are held by PackageOrganizer.

One idea would be to include a PackageInfo subclass in each package, and its class comment or methods would describe the package. That would hook into HelpSystem so one could browse comments, instructions, examples etc. per package.

There are a few conventions for that already, e.g. the class name should end in "Info" and it should be in a category named "PackageName-Info".

- Bert -