[squeak-dev] Re:[CryptographyTeam]Re:DigitalSignatureAlgorithm>>#initRandomNonInteractivelyisnotrandom

Rob Withers reefedjib at gmail.com
Fri Sep 3 11:13:42 UTC 2010

From: "Nicolas Cellier" <nicolas.cellier.aka.nice at gmail.com>

> Sure, this require the primitive to be compiled with LargeInteger plugin.
> Otherwise, it is as if you would replace primitive for multiplying 2
> LargeInt by Smalltalk code...

Ok, that makes sense.

However....

I am giving up building a Win32 vm.  It is a piece of crap.  Ever since I
wrote the VMMakerTool back in 2000 at Exobox, it relied on having good
platform code and good Plugin code in the image.  I am getting endless
errors on various plugins, which I have been removing from Internal, back to
Not Built.   From a fresh 4.2 image with VMMaker, the plugins I have
removed:

UUIDPlugin
QuicktimePlugin
SocketPlugin  (I really need this one!)
SoundCodecPrims
SoundGenerationPlugin
SoundPlugin
StarSqueakPlugin

that's it, it is broke dick.   I am giving up.

Unless you can get me an external LargeIntegerPlugin.dll, I will have to for
go testing your algorithm.  Darn, I was looking forward to it.

Rob