[squeak-dev] Re: [Documentation] What about package comments?

Sean P. DeNigris sean at clipperadams.com
Fri Sep 3 21:20:46 UTC 2010

Bert Freudenberg wrote:

> On 03.09.2010, at 10:28, Hannes Hirzel wrote:
> One idea would be to include a PackageInfo subclass in each package, and
> its class comment or methods would describe the package. That would hook
> into HelpSystem so one could browse comments, instructions, examples etc.
> per package.

I was playing around in HelpSystem.  What would be the advantage of custom
PackageInfo classes vs. putting whatever info you're talking about in a
CustomHelp subclass?  Are you talking about adding a standard API to
PackageInfo to be overridden in the subclasses, e.g. PackageInfo>>license =
#MIT, like Steph's DrDoc project?

Sean