[squeak-dev] failing to build a vm on Windows

Rob Withers reefedjib at gmail.com
Sat Sep 4 09:09:29 UTC 2010

I have had recurring problems building a vm on Windows.

1) I first tried loading the latest version of VMMaker (VMMaker-dtl.185)
into a Squeak-4.2 image (10382).  When I ran make it complained about a
number of plugins, starting with UUIDPlugin:

UIDPlugin/sqWin32UUID.c:27: undefined reference to `primitiveFail'

2) I tried loading VMMaker-John M McIntosh.184 instead and same result

3) I was advised to load the Metacello load of VMMaker, which includes
VMMaker-dtl.169.   This was complicated by double-encoded strings.  Past
that issue and got it loaded.  Generated and ran make.  Same issue with
UUIDPlugin.

I cannot build a vm.

Thank you,
Rob