[squeak-dev] Installing VMMaker

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Sat Sep 4 13:01:48 UTC 2010

On 04.09.2010, at 14:24, Rob Withers wrote:

> For some reason, I couldn't change the String.   Are they immutable now?

No, but still fixed-length.

I meant not changing the string but replacing it with the right one. The debugger's inspector lists all temp vars. If you click on one, you see its value, which is the string . Just editing and accepting it there should change the variable.

>  I ended up doing a
>
> self becomeForward: 'blah/blah%20blah.mcz'
>
> all objects and message sending.  :-)

Yeah, if that's what it takes ;_

- Bert -