[squeak-dev] errors during file in of magma to Cuis

Ross Boylan RossBoylan at stanfordalumni.org
Sun Sep 5 22:13:50 UTC 2010

I got Magma tester-cmm.368.mcz from squeak source, extracted the
source.st file inside of it, and attempted to file source.st into a Cuis
2.7 image.

This fails early on because the file has
!MagmaRepositoryController methodsFor: '*magma tester' stamp: 'cmm 9/6/2007 21:44'!
very early on.  MagmaRepositoryController is undefined.

I presume that either the Monticello machinery, or the way mainline
squeak handles this, makes this OK in the usual way of doing things.

Guessing that the issue might simply be one of dependencies, I tried the
same steps with Magma client-cmm.490.st.  That failed similary with
MaVariableWordBuffer.

Possibly resequencing the input so that the class definitions occur
first would work around this problem.  I'm a little surprised the
changesets aren't in that form already.

Mostly these tests were in an image that included OSProcess.  I did one
test in a clean image; it failed the same way.

My hope was that the file in's would work, that OSProcess would be good
enough to run the magma tests, and that the magma tests would pass.

Ross