[squeak-dev] Re: About unloading of packages in the most recent Squeak 4.1 trunk

Hannes Hirzel hannes.hirzel at gmail.com
Mon Sep 6 09:14:30 UTC 2010

On 8/31/10, Bert Freudenberg <bert at freudenbergs.de> wrote:
> On 31.08.2010, at 14:19, Hannes Hirzel wrote:
>
>> SmalltalkImage current unloadAllKnownPackages
>>
>> a reduced image like the one I got with this process should take trunk
>> updates properly in most cases?
>
> Well, hopefully. Try and let us know ;)
>
> - Bert -

I updated image which had been through
   SmalltalkImage current unloadAllKnownPackages
and was in the version 10437.

The update process went through. No walkbacks.

Problems:

1) The feedback given is
        Update completed. Current update number: 8546.
     This number appears now in the 'About Squeak' menu.

2) If I right-click on the background I get
    PasteUpMorph doesNotunderstand:  #isStackBackgroundMorph

Conclusion: It does not work proplery yet. However as Andreas, Eliot
and Nicolas currently are doing a lot of refactoring I do not mind. I
will conduct this test later taking an updated regular trunk image, do
the unloading, wait two weeks and then the update.

--Hannes