[squeak-dev] rb and ob

Ralph Johnson johnson at cs.uiuc.edu
Mon Sep 6 18:33:49 UTC 2010

On Sun, Sep 5, 2010 at 7:37 PM, Chris Cunnington
<smalltalktelevision at gmail.com> wrote:
> Testing the Extending The System part of the Help menu recently, the rb and
> ob stuff wasn't loading. The problem is that the script takes the latest
> version. Lukas has made some changes in the past four weeks that have
> drifted from Squeak. I propose we freeze the version and not take the
> latest. The following loads without incident. At the risk of being
> controversial, rb and ob are not a big priority to Squeak users. It seems
> reasonable to freeze it for now with something that works and review it in
> future.

Right conclusion, wrong reason.  It is important to some of us Squesk users.

The real reason to freeze the version is that the people who make new
versions of ob and rb are not testing in Squeak, only in Pharo.  So,
they will keep breaking the Squeak build unless we ensure that we only
update to a new version of ob after we have tested it.

-Ralph Johnson