[squeak-dev] Re: [Esug-list] [Pharo-users] Vote for the best Smalltalk book of the last 5 years...

Stéphane Rollandin lecteur at zogotounga.net
Tue Sep 7 11:17:15 UTC 2010

> I think we need more translations also !
>
> What is the community thinking about that ?

IMHO, considering how close is reading and writing Smalltalk code to
reading and writing English text, I don't see how translating books will
be enough to spread Smalltalk in the world: one has to read english to
make sense of most methods usage... I believe Smalltalk is doomed to be
a programming language for English speakers; that's unfortunate but I
don't see a way out of that situation.

Stef