[squeak-dev] Re: Mantis status meanings

Ken Causey ken at kencausey.com
Tue Sep 7 20:34:54 UTC 2010

On Tue, 2010-09-07 at 13:01 -0700, Casey Ransberger wrote:
> Below...
>
> On Sep 7, 2010, at 9:01 AM, Andreas Raab <andreas.raab at gmx.de> wrote:
>
> > What do peopple think of the idea of starting over? From what I've
> seen at Google code I much prefer their issue tracker. And there's a
> wiki associated with it that can hold information such as we just
> discussed.
>
> What's Ken Causey think about that? One less web app to keep up, OTOH,
> introduces a potential dependency on a service we don't control.

Well, I'm seriously split.  On the one hand I have no interest in
spending more time than I have to right now on box-admins tasks.  That
said, I do like control, and in the past I have generally found myself
much more frustrated by tools over which I have little control than
those that require more time to setup/maintain from me.

Frankly I'm skeptical that any existing tracking tool is going to work
for everyone and that it will be consistently adopted.  I'm not even
sure one could be made, if so it would probably best be tightly tied
into MCZ/SqueakSource or replicate the functionality of SqueakSource.
I've tried to get people interested in designing and building such a
thing in the past with little success.

Ken