[squeak-dev] Re: Apple allows Smalltalk apps on iOS

Casey Ransberger casey.obrien.r at gmail.com
Thu Sep 9 17:01:21 UTC 2010

Yeah, but the clincher I think is whether or not Apple will let us ship apps that allow users to *type code in by hand*. If that winds up being okay, and the full blown crusade against users programming is quieted a bit, we could do an Etoys or Scratch "mobile" that has import crippled, and export setup to send the projects to a website.

We could then make a "teachers" edition, and teachers could deploy the kids projects to the app store.

It sucks, but it's better than nothing.