[squeak-dev] The Inbox: System-cbr.375.mcz

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at angband.za.org
Sun Sep 12 12:25:38 UTC 2010

On 2010/09/11 21:13, Casey Ransberger wrote:
> Okay, Bert's suggestion that I add a comment to get the postscript to
> run worked. Pushing this one into trunk will give us nice  modern
> looking fonts in buttons, flap tabs, and balloon help.
>
> Feedback would be appreciated. I went for the nearest approximation of
> the old font sizes, but some folks might find these to be a bit small
> (they work fine for my eyes, but YMMV.) We could always bring the sizes
> up a notch.
>
> The previous package, System-cbr.374, can be trashed. It had the same
> changes, but as I didn't change the postscript, it was not run on load.

I'm running on a clean, just-updated trunk, version #10508, on a
Squeak4.0.1 from Mar 28 2010, Windows XP.

I open up a Monticello browser, and load the mcz. I'm told "Initializing
System-cbr.375" (the progress bar itself is solid white - no progress,
in other words). I watch memory increase steadily. Eventually I hit a
low space warning at ~500M usage. After that, the VM crashes:

"Sorry but the VM has crashed.
Reason: out of memory

Current byte code: 20
Primitive index: 0"

The attached crash.dmp shows my original attempt as well as a subsequent
attempt, just to make sure I could duplicate the problem.

frank