[squeak-dev] RE: Mark and space parity

Schwab,Wilhelm K bschwab at anest.ufl.edu
Sun Sep 12 13:50:33 UTC 2010

Thanks to all who replied.  I will try reprogramming the reader to 8n1 and see if that sticks.  I still think there is room for the vm to be less aggressive in failing over valid parity values, certainly on Windows now and perhaps on Linux either now or in the future (once support for mark and space becomes wide spread, which I suspect will eventually happen).  If Microsoft figured out how to deal with something, we should be able to do at least as well :)

Bill