[squeak-dev] Re: [ANN] SqueakSSL - a platform interface for SSL/TLS

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Fri Sep 17 15:38:12 UTC 2010

On 9/17/2010 5:24 AM, Germán Arduino wrote:
> Hi:
>
> Only now I've the time (and need) of try SSL.
>
> Can you comment briefly how to compile the SSL plugin on Linux, to work with Cog
> (I'm using the cog binary downloaded from
> http://www.mirandabanda.org/files/Cog/VM/VM.r2219/) ?

There should be no need to recompile it, the version available from
http://squeakvm.org/win32/release/SqueakSSL-bin.zip should work out of
the box. Or are you seeing any problems? For recompilation, you'd have
to add the openssl libraries to the link (i.a., add -lopenssl) but
that's pretty much all there is to it. Also, check out the post at
http://squeakingalong.wordpress.com/2010/08/07/using-squeakssl-with-seaside/
which provides some setup instructions for Ubuntu.

Cheers,
   - Andreas